Detect, Correct, & Protect
The state of your health can be seen through your skin. As it is the largest organ of the body, it can certainly not hide much. In fact, it can’t hide at all. Whether you like it or not, it would tell people what you eat, what you drink, what you do, and even where you go. If you know how to take care of your skin, it is almost tantamount to you knowing how to take care of your whole body.
Excessive sun exposure reduces the plump collagen layer of the skin, which makes the skin lose its normal elasticity. You already know solar radiation damages your skin. But did you know that the sun is the primary cause of the visible signs of aging? Or that 80% of your lifetime radiation exposure typically occurs before age 18? Don't despair, we can help correct your skin from further damage - even if you spent your teen years covered in baby oil.
Safe Fun Facts
- The number one cause of aging of the skin is sun damage!
- There are two types of sun rays - UVB (Burning) Rays.UVA (Aging) Rays.
- UVA rays effect your skin below the surface - they break down collagen and can cause cancer.
- UVB rays cause skin to burn on the surface.
- 60% of the day's sunburning radiation reaches the earth between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- It is important to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that offers protection from UVA as well as UVB rays.
- Sunscreen should be applied at least 30 minutes before exposure. Not at the beach!!
- Re-apply sunscreen liberally thru the day, as we sweat it off.
- SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. An SPF 15 sunscreen provides with 15 times your natural sun protection.
- SPFs of at least 15 block 93% of UVB rays while SPFs higher than 30 block 99% of UVB rays.
- Always wear sunscreen: SPF if you will be inside most of the day, SPF 15-45 if going outside for work or play.
- Pay particular attention to your protruding areas, such as your nose, shoulders, chest.
- Apply the sunscreen all over your body, including ears, area around eyes and mouth.
- Avoid applying too much but don’t economize either as too thin layer will not provide good protection.
- Wear sunglasses to protect sensitive skin around your eyes.
- Apply the second layer of sunblock after three or four swims because even water resistant sunscreen will wash off after you dry yourself with a towel a few times.
Shield yourself from the sun
Sun exposure can cause many unpleasant things like freckles, age spots, wrinkles, dry, and rough skin. To ensure that you will not suffer from them, avoid basking under the sun anywhere between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. You should also put on protective clothing when you are going out such as shirts with long sleeves and pants. In addition, you should also use some sunscreen.
Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. As much as possible, eat them raw. This will enable you to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals they come with. You should also start consuming lean proteins and whole grains. They are not only great for your skin but for your overall health too.
If you didn’t know yet, smoking causes wrinkles and age spots. It constricts the blood vessels found in the outermost skin layers and decreases the blood flow. As a result, the skin is depleted of oxygen and essential nutrients. Smoking also destroys elastin and collagen—the fibers which promote the skin’s elasticity and strength.
Be gentle on your skin
Even bathing can hurt your skin so you should be extra cautious when doing anything, which involves this organ. For example, you should not stay in the hot bath or shower too long. You should also stop using strong soaps and switch to milder kinds. If you shave, learn how to do so carefully. Use a lotion, gel, or cream. This will make the shaving easier and safer.
Manage your stress
Never underestimate the power of stress. For one, it can make your skin a lot more sensitive. When your skin is extra sensitive, acne, infections, and other allergies can easily breakout. In addition, stress also makes fine lines and dark circles around the eyes a lot more visible. If you wish to look good, you’d better first work on feeling good. Steer clear from stress and live your life a lot more freely and enjoyably.
These are brilliant and practical tips you should follow to care for you skin. Again, your skin is the representation of your overall health. When your skin is not healthy, then the health of your body may be in jeopardy too. See to it that you make the time to care for your skin and beautify it. It will not only make you look good but will also make you feel good about yourself.
We offer skin care systems and sun protection products which will offer ways to repair, rejuvenate and protect from further abuse from the harsh elements! We offer free consultations in our Medspa in Clermont, convenient to Orlando, or our Downtown Orlando location, by our professionals to recommend a skincare routine thats best for you! Call us today!
To learn more about protecting your skin and sun cancer, click here!
We offer free consultations for Laser Hair Removal so you can find out how it works, laser hair removal cost, skin treatment the medical spa, medical spa orlando,medspa orlando, medispa orlando, medspa clermont, medispa orlando, medical spa orlando, laser hair removal orlando, laser hair clermont, botox orlando, botox clermont,medical spa,the med spa,med spa,laser treatment,treatment laser,spider veins,laser treatments,scar removal,juvederm,scar treatment,laser clinics,skin, peels, skin spa, skin tighten, vi peel, vipeel,stretch mark removal,laser and ipl,ipl and laser,ipl or laser,ipl laser,laser or ipl,laser ipl,vein removal,sun screen, sun damage, laser hair removal cost,scar removal treatment,acne scar removal,acne scar treatment,acne scarring removal,laser resurfacing,ipl removal,fraxel laser,cellulite treatment,skin rejuvenation,vein removal treatment,skin resurfacing,dermal fillers,vein treatments,laser removal treatment,photofacial,stretch mark treatment,laser vein,wrinkle treatment,spider vein removal,laser treatment for skin,laser skin,treatment,skin laser treatment,laser skin care,med spa,medical spas,med spas,medspa,surgical laser,medical day spa,day spa orlando,cosmetic medical spa,day spa orlando florida,med spa orlando,orlando med spa,medi spa orlando,med spa services,chemical peel orlando to Windermere, Winter Garden, Ocoee, Clermont, Maitland, Apopka, Leesburg, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Lake Mary, Altamonte featuring Obagi, Image Skincare, Glytone, Botox,Dysport, Dermal Fillers, Injections, injectables, Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Latisse, sculptra, xeomin, velashape, skin tightening and more. remember we offer free consultations, financing thru Care Credit. injectable Wrinkle Reducers - Botox & Dysport Dermal Fillers - Restylane & Radiesse Obagi Skincare Systems & Radiance Peels Laser Fractional Skin Resurfacing IPL Photofacials Laser Hair Removal Signature Facials & Chemical Peels Advanced Skincare Medical Grade Skincare Products Microdermabrasion & Vibraderm Prenatal Skincare & Body treatments